15 February, 2010

meta monday

I will be the first to admit that some odd little thoughts come out of my head. Frequently. Like:

Does Oprah ever pause for a hot second to go "holy crap, I'm Oprah" ? I mean, I don't really have a strong opinion one way or the other on Oprah...she does a lot of philanthropic stuff, but then again she also publishes her own magazine and puts herself on the cover every month. Helloooo, ego. She's one of the most famous people ever in the history of ever, so does she have those out-of-body moments and realize that gajillions of people read The Kite Runner because she told them to? It's got to be a bizarre life. I don't envy her. But if she wanted to give me a free car, I wouldn't say no.

I measure my workdays in snacks. The way my job works is that I'm either scrambling to get ten things done at once, or nothing at ALL is happening. It's usually the latter. So every couple of hours I trot out a snack, and it makes the day easier to get through. I'm a much happier person when I can look forward to string-cheese-o' clock.

I miss playing Where In Time Is Carmen Sandiego? That was a great game. I liked it a lot. Carmen Sandiego was baller--I remember watching the TV show occasionally, but Wishbone was more my thing. I never had the computer game of Where In the World Is Carmen Sandiego, either. This might explain (or at least quantify) my abysmally poor grasp of world geography. I'm so bad at geography that not even a sexy redhead in a trenchcoat can make me retain where Angola is.

I'm experiencing some spiritual distress at the idea of Folgers' coffee in a tea bag. I mean, there is absolutely no reason why a small paper bag at the end of a string could not be used to steep ground coffee in hot water. I'm sure it makes a perfectly serviceable cup of coffee. But for some reason I feel as if a sacred boundary has been crossed. Coffee is tea and tea is coffee and I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE ANY MORE. (I have the stupidest existential crises ever!)

Anyway, those are my thoughts, and now I need to go because it's string-cheese-o'clock. I'll leave you with this:
Happy Monday, everybody.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, that Folger's thing threw me for a loop, too! I've had them before and the concept is great for college, camping, etc...unfortunately I've become a bit of a coffee snob since I started commuting and I need the "real" stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. String-cheese-o'clock?! That's my favorite time!

    ReplyDelete