20 January, 2010

...yeah this machine works your...flactoid muscle.

Today is one of those days where my body is full of mystery kinks and cramps from who-knows-what. I probably slept in all sorts of funky positions last night--not that I remember. Anyway, today is one of those days where I dreamily entertain myself with a fantasy world in which, after my workout at the gym (during which I am sleek, coordinated, and admired by all), I can retire to my own personal sauna and be enveloped by pine-scented steam until every single muscle in my body becomes a wet noodle. Then I saunter on over to the massage room where a robust and businesslike Swedish woman with sculpted cheekbones and powerful forearms (or is it vice versa) covers me with delicious-smelling massage oil, pummels the bejesus out of my cramped muscles, and makes every one of my backbones go ka-chunk back into its proper place.

Sadly, none of that will be happening today. I will be going to the gym (because I am a MOTIVATED and FIT INDIVIDUAL!), but I will be neither sleek nor coordinated, and I certainly won't be admired. Instead, I will look like a sweaty stack of elbows all headed in different directions, and there is the distinct chance that I will misread the directions on at least one piece of equipment and end up climbing in backwards or otherwise embarrassing myself. I will most certainly see students there who live in the building where I work, and that's awkward. Afterwards, I will head home for a hot shower and a pleasant, if Swede-less evening. So it's not all bad. But I sure do love me some fantasy land.

1 comment:

  1. i miss you. you are so funny. i just embarassed myself by laughing outloud at my desk. Stack of elbows indeed.

    ReplyDelete