14 June, 2010

you're my little potato

Several weeks ago, I bought a large sweet potato at the grocery store with the vague idea of turning it into a tasty potato curry at some point during the week. As is the case far too often, however, instead of sticking to my menu plan for the week, I stuck the potato on top of the fridge for safekeeping and promptly forgot about it for a couple of weeks. The only reason I remembered that I had it is because in the relative warmth and light of the kitchen, the darn thing put up shoots. I saw the green stalks poking up like little SOS flags, and I didn't have the heart to throw the thing away. So I put it on the radiator by the window, where it has stayed. And now it looks like this:









When my mom comes to visit I'm going to give it to her so she can bring it back to Boston and put it under the dirt where it belongs. Hopefully it will make more potatoes!


No comments:

Post a Comment